Updated guidance on the use of allotments in Exeter
Published: 24 March 2020
Our allotments are all currently open following the latest Government advice and will remain so until we are advised otherwise.
Travel to and from the allotments is permitted if due precautions are taken. Visiting the site constitutes your daily exercise set out by the government.
However, any plot-holder who is self isolating because a household member is ill with corona-virus should not be visiting the site.
If there is a community or trading hut on the site then this should not be re-opened until this level of isolation has been lifted.
The toilets on site are also now off limits for use by anyone. Do not use them under any circumstances.
I ask that all tenants visiting the site also bear the following in mind;
- Please keep your distance from other tenants to help limit the spread of the virus. Follow current government guidelines about social distancing.
- Do not share tools or any other equipment with another plot holder.
- Be careful after touching site gates, locks or other communal assets. Disinfect your hands after each use.
- The use of the sites if for allotment tenants only. No groups are allowed on site and only family members that live with the tenant can enter the site if the tenant is also present.
- Do not use the water troughs to wash hands or equipment to sterilise them. The water is for watering purposes only. Be careful not to contaminate the troughs with any soap or other chemicals.
- Please stay on your plot at all times and do not enter another plot under any circumstances.
If you have any further questions then please contact me on email@example.com