Roadshows allow residents to have their say in shaping the future of Exeter
Published: 21 October 2022
Roadshows are continuing across the city to give residents the opportunity to have their say on the Draft Exeter Plan.
The consultation, launched in September, is an opportunity for everyone in the city to comment on a document that will be the blueprint for future of Exeter.
It highlights important issues like housing, climate change, economy and jobs, the future of the high street, transport and infrastructure and design quality, the Exeter Plan builds on the city’s vision to be healthy, inclusive and sustainable.
Cllr Phil Bialyk, Leader of the City Council, said: “As the local planning authority for Exeter, the City Council has a statutory duty to prepare a planning policy for the city - the Exeter Plan. But this plan needs to be Exeter’s Plan.
“This is a huge opportunity for everyone in the city to work together and to have their say about the city’s future.”
Residents, community groups and businesses will be able to comment on how they’d like to see the city develop during the consultation, which lasts until December 5.
The full list of remaining exhibitions across the city is:
- Tuesday 25 October - The Beacon Centre, Beacon Lane, 1pm-7pm
- Tuesday 1 November - St Lawrence Church and Community Hall, Lower Hill Barton Road, 1pm-7pm
- Thursday 3 November - St Thomas Church Hall, 54 Cowick Street, 12.30pm-6.30pm
- Tuesday 8 November - Custom House Visitor Centre, The Quay, 1pm-6pm
- Monday 14 November - The Thatched House, Exwick Road, 1pm-7pm
- Monday 21 November - Park Life Heavitree Hub, Heavitree Pleasure Ground, 12noon-5.15pm
- Tuesday 22 November - St Sidwell’s Community Centre, Sidwell Street 1-7pm
- Thursday 1 December - St James’ Church Hall, Mount Pleasant Road, 1pm-7pm
People can feedback in a variety of ways including via an interactive and easy to navigate online survey platform.
The survey platform allows users to read the Exeter Plan and complete a variety of short surveys. Click on the link below to take part: