Play park equipment bonus for Exeter
Published: 1 February 2019
Youngsters in Exeter are set to get an unexpected bonus of new play park equipment, Exeter City Council has announced.
Through careful financial management, the City Council has managed to secure an additional £70,000 worth of swings, see-saws, carousels and climbing frames.
The play equipment will be installed at 11 sites across the city over the coming months. The fun gear will suit a range of ages from toddlers through to young teens.
Cllr David Harvey, Lead Councillor for Place, said: “This is great news for youngsters in the city and is above and beyond what we already had planned for our play areas.
“I have to praise our officers for securing such a great deal and making our money go just that little bit further during these difficult financial times. We’re always keen to update our play areas and provide youngsters with a range of exciting and stimulating play equipment for everyone to enjoy.”
Here is a list of play areas and the equipment that will be installed:
- Arena Park – moveable hammock
- Belmont Park – pony seesaw & play tower house and balcony
- Heavitree Pleasure Ground – Blue Attair II climbing frame and ride tower
- King George V Playing Fields – one seat baby swing
- St Thomas Pleasure Ground – multispinner carousel
- Bull Meadow – toddler spica
- Cowick Barton Playing Fields – Galaxy Saturn carousel and bird’s nest swing
- Exwick Station Road – giant swing
- George’s Close – mini playing pitch with steel surround
- Gloucester Road – Blue Mizar II slide and frame
- West Garth Road – play tower with net