Community groups prepare to celebrate Queen’s Jubilee in the city centre
Published: 13 May 2022
Community groups and organisations from across the city will converge on Cathedral Green to take part in the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations in Exeter city centre next month.
Exeter is getting ready to celebrate with a summer street party in the city centre on Thursday, 2 June.
The celebration is part of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee, and takes place in the High Street, Cathedral Green, Princesshay, Guildhall Shopping centre and elsewhere in the city centre from 11am until 3pm.
Residents and visitors are all welcome to attend.
Activity on Cathedral Green includes:
- Exeter Academy of Dance – providing dance demonstrations and workshops and a space to dance
- Visit Exeter – hosting family friendly activities and promotions on all things Exeter. Includes face painting fun
- Exeter Leisure – promoting activities for leisure in the city
- CEDA/Access All Aerials Radio – an outside radio online broadcast from a community radio station run by Exeter disability charity CEDA
- Community Zone Bringing Families Together - in partnership with Usborne Books creating a quiet reading area
- Live & Move – showcasing the community-led initiative to help increase activity levels among people in the city
- Inclusive Exeter – information on work to support Exeter’s diverse communities
- Exeter City Community Trust – featuring a target shot/inflatable as well as pop up games and treasure hunt around Cathedral Green
Music across the city will be provided by The Liberty Sisters, The Footloose Four, Chris Pope, Exeter Railway Band, Devon and Somerset Fire Rescue Band and Exeter Jazz Orchestra.
Benches and tables will be set up in the High Street for people to enjoy the festivities. As well as live music and people can bring their own picnic or click and collect from nearby restaurants. Alcohol is not permitted to be consumed in the High Street.
A Beach Bar will be set up in Princesshay Square serving Jubilee inspired drinks during the event.
As part of the celebrations and in partnership with The Battalion of the 6 Rifles, there will be a Military village on Cathedral Green.
The Devon branch of SSAFA, the Armed Forces charity will attend, as will 13 (City of Exeter) Squadron Air Training Corps.
For more details on the growing list of events visit exeter.gov.uk/jubilee/