Recycle your real Christmas tree and help people with a terminal diagnosis
Published: 6 December 2021
Exeter residents! There’s now an easy way to recycle your real Christmas tree and help local people with a terminal diagnosis at the same time.
On 7th and 8th January 2022, Hospiscare volunteers will be heading out in force to collect and recycle your real Christmas trees.
How you can sign up your tree:
Visit the Just Helping website to register: https://just-helping.org.uk/register-tree/
- Check that your postcode is covered by the collection service
- Select your donation amount
- Follow the online instructions about where to leave your tree
Your support helps Hospiscare to continue providing free palliative and end-of-life care for the local community. In return for a donation (they suggest £10 per tree), Hospiscare will collect and recycle your Christmas tree. Your donation will help make a real difference to local patients and their families across Exeter, Mid Devon and East Devon.
Please note: Hospiscare does not receive any funding for disposing of your tree and cannot accept artificial trees.
A small act of kindness can go a long way. Take a look at the impact your donation could have:
- £15 would pay for a cosy fleece blanket for a patient staying on the ward
- £31 would cover the cost of a bed in the ward for one hour
- £37 would pay for an hour’s specialist bereavement care
- £56 would pay for a home visit by a Hospiscare Community Nurse Specialist
Volunteers will be collecting in the following area:
Exeter: EX1, EX2, EX3, EX4
Plus: EX8, EX14 1, EX14 2, EX14 3
Collections will take place between Friday 7th January and Saturday 8th January 2022. Please ensure your tree is outside your house, easily accessible and clearly marked ‘Hospiscare pick-up’ by 8am on Friday 7th January to ensure a speedy collection.
All decorations will need to be removed prior to collection.
Don’t miss out! Register your tree by 3rd January at 8am.