Allotments stay open but social distancing is essential
Published: 31 March 2020
We’ve updated our advice on the status of our allotments during the Coronavirus outbreak.
Our allotments will remain open until the City Council is instructed otherwise, as they provide valuable physical exercise opportunities and mental health support.
Social distancing must be observed at all times and individual sites may well be closed if this is not the case.
People are requested to heed the current Government advice which is to stay local and use open spaces near to your home where possible – do not travel unnecessarily.
We ask that all tenants visiting allotment sites bear the following in mind:
- Please keep your distance from other tenants to help limit the spread of the virus. Follow current government guidelines about social distancing
- Do not share tools or any other equipment with another plot holder
- Be careful after touching site gates, locks or other communal assets. Disinfect your hands after each use
- The use of the sites if for allotment tenants only. No groups are allowed on site and only family members that live with the tenant can enter the site if the tenant is also present
- Do not use the water troughs to wash hands or equipment to sterilise them. The water is for watering purposes only. Be careful not to contaminate the troughs with any soap or other chemicals
- Please stay on your plot at all times and do not enter another plot under any circumstances
If you have any further questions then please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org