How to access Exeter Foodbank
Published: 5 January 2021
Exeter Foodbank has released details of how people can access their service.
Exeter Foodbank is a ‘referral-only’ service, which means that people can’t just pop in. Everyone needs a voucher number and that has to be given to them by an agency.
“We believe in our referral policy because we want every client to have all of the support that they need rather than just a bag of food,” said a spokesman for Exeter Foodbank.
“By working with one of our referral partners, we hope that people will be able to access further support, get advice with debt, household bills etc., and ensure that they are getting all of the available benefits and support.”
There are lots of places in the city who can refer people or families to the Foodbank. Amongst these are:
- Exeter City Council - 01392 277888
- Exeter Wellbeing - 01392 265000
- Citizen’s Advice - 03444 111 444
- CAP - 0800 328 0006
- East Devon District Council - 01395 517446
- St Petrocks - 01392 217550
- Young Devon Homeless Prevention - 01392 331666
- Age UK - 01392 202092
- Or any local school if those applying have children there.
Anyone struggling to get referred, can text Exeter Foodbank on 07818 226524 or email firstname.lastname@example.org