Going Local event matches local suppliers with public sector buyers
Published: 13 June 2022
A major event aimed at local suppliers who want to find out how to work with the public services takes place next month.
The Going Local event has been organised by the Devon and Cornwall Procurement Partnership, which includes Exeter City Council, other local authorities, the emergency services and other public sector organisations across the two counties.
It will be held at Main Hall, Bicton College, East Budleigh, Budleigh Salterton, on Thursday 21 July, from 10am to 2pm.
The free event will provide suppliers with the opportunity to:
- Meet and get advice from a wide range of public sector procurement specialists
- Attend seminars by expert speakers from across a range of sectors and disciplines
- Learn how to access opportunities to bid for public sector contracts
- Understand how to use the Supplying the South West procurement portal
- Network with other local organisations
The event will be opened by Chanelle Busby, Exeter City Council’s Service Lead for Commercial and Procurement.
Amongst the guest speakers taking part are Mya McKnight, Carbon Officer at Devon County Council, presenting on the Council’s work regarding the climate emergency supplier supply chain net zero 2030 target, and the part that suppliers can play. Presentations are 10.30am to 11am, and 12pm to 12.30pm.
Following the success of previous events, the Devon and Cornwall Procurement Partnership would like to invite businesses to attend the annual event.
For more information or to register email firstname.lastname@example.org